Monday, August 12, 2013

Random Khawatir

That I write blog posts in my head for during 3am feedings but do not find the time to commit to the screen while awake

Because why is it that article reviews take 5 months plus, except for the one that you submit a week before giving birth that comes back in a record 8 weeks?

Because the system for the online language course I'm designing hates right to left and all tools necessary for online language learning

Because despite the fact that I am in theory on parental pleave this Fall I am prepping all the Arabic courses and supervising the TAs teaching them (and sure I could refuse to do this, but it would bite me in the butt with more work teaching the second part of the courses in the Spring)

Because although the provost rejected my request for a 1/1 instead of 0/2 maternity leave, I apparently can do independent studies, and now have one

Which I'm doing only because I will get a research project out of it, which is could because my planned second project may have blown up along with Egypt

Only I need to submit an IRB for this project, and after learning the new computer submission system days after giving because IF YOU DO NOT RENEW YOUR OLD STUDY 45 DAYS IN ADVANCE SCARY THINGS WILL HAPPEN it turns out social-behavioral sciences are being transferred and will not use the system, and I have to wait to submit so it doesn't get lost in transfer

Because I am setting up dance demonstrations and trying to advertise for my dance classes

And also trying to get my core and stamina back so it looks like Highland Dancing

Which will be easier after the garage to dance studio remodel is finished on our house

Except that my Achilles doth protest

Luckily for me I have the cutest baby, the best husband, homemade Starbucks, and chocolate!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are handling it all very well! Priorities in check and everything else getting some attention, but not tons. Glad you got the independent study!

    ReplyDelete